Collection of personal information
We may collect personal information from you through our call centers and through our brokers when interviewing you or from our website in our online application forms and surveys.
Nature of personal information we collect
We collect personal information about you to enable us to assess your suitability and eligibility for obtaining a home or commercial loan. The types of personally identifiable information we may collect include your name, address, telephone number, occupation and financial information.
When we request your personal information, we will endeavor to specify which information we require for our purposes and which information may be provided at your option. You may choose not to supply any optional information requested by us but our ability to assist you may be restricted.
Use of your personal information
We use your personal information to assist us in:
1. conducting our business, for example, in determining whether you may qualify for a home loan;
2. completing a transaction to which the provision of that personal information relates, for example, in the completion of loan application forms;
3. to communicate information about our products and services to you;
4. for our internal administrative, marketing, planning, product development and research requirements.
At any time you may opt out of receiving any communications from us (other than as required for the operation of our business). If you wish to opt out of receiving communications from us please either contact your broker or our Privacy Officer whose contact details are set out later in this policy.
Do we disclose your personal information to others?
We do not sell our client lists to third parties. We will not disclose personal information about you to any person outside the Group except on a confidential basis to our approved panel of lenders, and agents that we may use in the ordinary operation of our business, such as for data processing, printing or mailing. These third parties are strictly prohibited from using your personal information for any
other purpose. We will only disclose to these third parties that information necessary for them to perform their services. Otherwise, we do not disclose personal information unless we are required to do so by law or regulation.
We are a broking network and your personal information may be disclosed between Select A Mortgage and its brokers within the Group to facilitate a transaction to which the provision of that personal information relates or to enable us to properly conduct our business within the Group.
We may exchange the information with the following types of entities, some of which may be located overseas.
• Organisations which provide finance or other products to you or to whom an application has been made.
• Finance consultants, accountants and auditors, conveyancers and legal advisers, insurers, printers and mailing services.
• Any associates, related entities, contractors and our mortgage aggregator (Specialist Finance Group).
• Any industry body, tribunal, court or otherwise in connection with any complaint regarding our services.
• Any person where we are required by law to do so.
• Your referees, such as your employer, to verify information you have provided.
• Any person considering acquiring an interest in our business or assets.
• Any organisation providing online verification of your identity.
Your access rights to the personal information we hold
At any time, you may ask us to provide you with a list of the personal information we hold about you, and copies of that personal information.
If you believe for any reason that we are holding inaccurate or incomplete data about you, you may ask us to correct it. We will consider if the information requires amendment. If we do not agree that there are grounds for amendment, then we will add a note to the personal information stating that you disagree with it.
Financial information becomes out of date very quickly and so we will update that information if it is required in any future dealings we may have with you.
We will take reasonable steps to destroy or de-identify your personal information when your personal information is no longer required for our business functions.
How do we store your personal information?
We take all reasonable steps to protect your personal information from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification or exposure. We require all staff to maintain the confidentiality of customer information. Access to information stored electronically is restricted to employees whose job requires access to the information. Access to our computer systems is restricted through password protection.
Contacting us and Feedback
You can make any requests relating to your personal information held by us or any complaints regarding treatment of your privacy by contacting:
Select A Mortgage Pty Ltd
P.O. Box 626
Frankston, Victoria, 3199
Phone: 1300 796699
Fax : 03 9787 6801
4A Macdonald Grove Mornington VIC 3931
PO Box 626 Frankston VIC 3199
P: 03 9788 6888
M: 0425 750 581
Australian Credit Licence Number
ABN 62 055 638 198